IMS CORE Diabetes Model User Group Forum
Dear CDM user,
The IMS Core Diabetes Model team will be at ISPOR in Milan in November, if you would like to attend a workshop on Sunday 8th November to find out more about the model please contact Mike Gains
- Introduction to version 9.0 of the model
- Hypoglycaemic event module
- New type 2 risk equations
- Completely new Type 1 inputs based on new equations
- NICE comments on version 8.5 and how they are addressed in version 9
- Assessing the impact of BMI on cost-effectiveness
- FAQ’s on the CDM
If you already use the model and have any questions regarding the analyses you are running please send all your questions and remarks to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Principal - Cardiologist
Real-World Evidence Solutions & HEOR
CDM USER FORUM - ISPOR Milan 2015
IMS CORE Diabetes Model Version 9.0
On July 13 2015 we launched version 9.0 of the CDM.
This updated version includes additional risk equation, a new module on hypoglycaemia, a complete rework of type 1 diabetes including the most recent available information, as well as a revised user interface.
If you want to use version 9.0 please click here
If you want to continue using version 8.5 please click here
Version 9.0 has been thoroughly tested however this does not exclude that there are still errors. Please e-mails us at info_CDM@imshealth.com if you face any issue.
Looking forward to hear from you,
Mark Lamotte, MD
Scientific Leader CDM
A tool for policy analysis and reimbursement strategy in diabetes
The IMS CORE Diabetes Model (IMS Health CDM) simulates disease progression in both type 1 and type 2 diabetes.
The model is a tool that can be used to explore economic value over the course of a product’s lifecycle. Potential applications
include identification of clinical development priorities, pricing evaluation, health technology assessment and post-launch market
access support. The IMS Health CDM is a computer simulation model designed to take surrogate endpoints and translate them in to long
term health economic outcomes:
The IMS Health CDM is the most widely adopted economic model in diabetes available to users from academia, and health care industries,
as well as health care payers and decision makers.
- The model has undergone an extensive validation process.
- It is continually updated to include the latest clinical and epidemiological data as well as to implement functional improvements.
- Results from the model have been widely published, with over 80 peer-reviewed publications.
- 7 of the 10 largest diabetes drug and device manufacturers are using the CDM.